Thursday, September 23, 2010

Semana Tres

My goodness, how fast this week has flown by. It seems like I've been here forever already..but I'm afraid that the time to leave.. will come too soon! I do miss home a lot, but I am also really enjoying living in Sevilla and learning about the culture and fine tuning my Spanish! The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know. Weird how that works. 

Where to begin... 
Last Friday, we went on a school excursion to Córdoba, España and got to visit the Muslim mosque (La Mezquita). It was very interesting. I have been learning about it in my art class, so it was awesome to be able to actually see it. The history of that mosque is very fascinating. The Muslims used to use it, but it is now occupied by the Catholics and they have built a cathedral in the center. 

The city of Córdoba with a good view of the Mezquita in the background. All of the pictures below are of the Mezquita
Part of the cathedral 

An organ inside the cathedral
El Mihrab: The holiest part of the mosque

Over the weekend, I didn't do a whole lot...mainly studied. However, I did visit a Baptist Church and got to attend both the youth group and the actual Sunday service. Youth groups are not very common in Europe, so I was lucky to have found one. I actually really enjoyed going there and it was awesome to sense the Holy Spirit and have fellowship with believers in a language other than my own. =) 

On Tuesday, I went with a group of students to the University of Sevilla to check out the campus. Every Tuesday we will be going there to hang out with Spaniards, build relationships and hope for a chance to share our testimony or just show them the love of Christ. I'm excited! The rest of the week was spent studying in order to prepare for my exams, which took place today. I'm so glad to be done with those! 

Tomorrow, I will be up bright and early to take a bus to Lagos, Portugal! I'm stoked! I never thought I'd ever go to Portugal... then again, I never thought I'd go to Spain either. :-) The bus ride should take about 6 hours. I am going with two other girls and we have rented an apartment for two nights (and it has kitchen and a pool!). Woo! More details to come in my next blog about that trip. 

By the way.. I love getting mail...or postcards or packages, just so you guys know. =) 
My address is:
Ashley VanMeter
Semester-in-Spain/Acento de Trinity
Paseo de Cristina 1-3
Entreplanta A-B
41001 Sevilla,
Spain




Hope to hear from y'all soon! 

This is our señora, Pepita. She is so cute. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment