Friday, December 17, 2010

Hasta Luego Sevilla

Wow, today is my last day. I cannot believe it! I have loved every moment being in Sevilla.
I am not quite sure what to even say on my last blog.

Two weeks ago, I was SO ready to come home... everything seemed to be troubling me and I just wanted to have the comfort of my own food, bed, and I missed my friends and family. Now, I don´t want to leave! These last two weeks I´ve really grown close to a lot of people both from our school program and people that live here. So I feel like.. right when I was making close friends, I have to leave. It´s been really hard to say goodbye and I haven´t even said all my goodbyes yet. The majority of our school is flying home together, so once we arrive in Chicago.. we will all depart. So to say in the least.. I am sure that I will be an emotional wreck tomorrow. However, I am excited to come home and to see my family and friends! Matt has informed me that he has a few surprises for me...woooooo!! And he told me that the house would smell like apple pie from a pie he is going to make from scratch. How blessed I am!

Garbanzo Beans..a typical Spanish dish. One of my last meals!
I´m not sure how the transition will be from Spain to the United States. I´ve read a couple of things on re-entry/reverse culture shock and how it might affect me. There is a possibility that I could be emotional for a few days. The way they explain it...is that it´s like taking a plant out of it´s original pot and re-planting it into a new pot. Once it´s in the new pot, it will start to grow in a different way and the roots will expand. However if you try to put it back in the original pot, it will probably have problems adjusting again. Does that make sense? Either way, I know that I have an awesome husband who will encourage me along my whole journey of readjusting.
In the school, with Mercedes, another school receptionist

Our theatre class and our professor!


My friend Seth and I..he is from New York.
He is one of the guys
that threw us the surprise party. He
is such a good dancer and friend.


A couple of nights ago, a few friends threw Angeline and I a surprise going away party. It was quite fun.. they had food and even gave us a gift, a picture, and a card that they all signed. I felt sooo blessed!

Today will be a busy day. I have to pack.. go shopping for last minute Christmas presents, meet with a couple of friends, say goodbye and enjoy my last few moments in Sevilla. I have really appreciate all of your prayers and support during my time away and I am super excited to see you once I get back!

I am hopeful that I will return to Sevilla. I´d like to come back and spend a larger period of time. My Spanish has improved but I am still far from being fluent. I had unrealistic expectations upon coming to Spain as I thought that 3.5 months would make me know everything. WRONG. =)

Anyhow, I should wrap this up. Again, thanks! Please pray for  safe travels! We leave around 5am on Saturday morning (I belive 9pm Oregon time) and fly to Madrid..have a few hour layover there.. then we fly to Chicago on a 8-9 hour flight. Once we arrive, we say our goodbyes and then I have to book it through security and customs to get to my next flight to Portland (I have 2.5 hours). So as long as there are no delays or problems with baggage, everything should be fine and I should be back in Portland on Saturday at 730pm-ish.

Soo from Spain... I wish you.. ¡A Feliz Navidad y Prospero Año! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year).

LOVE YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment